The Victorian Club Permit scheme allows members of car clubs that are recognised by VicRoads, including the Toyota Car Club of Australia (TCCA), to make limited use of historic vehicles on the road network. Vehicles must be at least 25 years old to participate in the scheme.
Financial members of TCCA are able to apply for a Club Permit.
To apply for a Club Permit through TCCA, complete the following process.
Before you begin your application, visit the VicRoads website for information regarding the Club Permit Scheme.
How to apply for the Club Permit Scheme through TCCA
- Step 1: Join the Toyota Car Club of Australia. (You must be a Financial Member of the club for 3 (three) months before your application is considered.)
- Step 2: Meet with a member of the committee at our monthly General Meeting or a Club organised event.
- Step 3: Complete the “Club Rego Pre-Approval Form”
- Step 4: Once your Pre-Approval has been accepted in writing and you have been given an appointment for inspection with our Club Plate Administrator, you will need to obtain a Road Worthy Certificate (RWC) that will be valid on the date of your inspection.
- Step 5: Your vehicle must pass our Club Plate Administrator’s inspection ($50 inspection fee) for you to proceed. Please make sure the details on your RWC are 100% correct before you attend the inspection.
- Step 6: Take your RWC and Club Issued Documents to a VicRoads office to complete your Club Permit Application.
- Step 7: Advise TCCA of your new Club Permit Plate Number
TCCA has our own policies regarding the Club Permit Scheme.
- Applicants for a club permit with TCCA must have been a member of the club for at least 3 months AND attended 1 club meeting or event and met with a committee member.
- Vehicles submitted must be roadworthy, well presented and reflect that the owner is an enthusiast.
- TCCA will also consider club permit applications for Japanese manufactured motorcycles and non-Toyota vehicles on a case-by-case basis. This is only available to TCCA members who have been members for longer than 12 months and own a Toyota.
- Campervans (I.E: Toyota Coaster buses or larger) will not be considered for the Club Permit Scheme with TCCA. Campers such as Hiace are accepted.
- Members must attend a minimum of 1 (one) TCCA event per year with the vehicle and have your log book signed by a committee member to be considered for Club Permit Renewal.
- Please also note that any of the committee members can ask to see a club plated car’s logbook at any event, to ensure that the log book is being used correctly.
- Any modifications you make to the vehicle after it has been accepted into the scheme will also need to be cleared with the Committee, to ensure the Club remains comfortable with how the car or bike is presented.
- A Club Permit is not an avenue to bypass engineering approval for a vehicle and getting it on the road. VASS certification will be necessary for those vehicles that do not comply to VicRoad’s VSI 8.
Please note; the Club Permit Pre-Approval and Inspection Process takes time.
This process will not be rushed just because you have two days left of your regular registration. Plan ahead!
Applications will not be processed from 15 December to end of January each calendar year.